Step away from the glitz and glamour of the city to try local street food at vibrant canteens frequented by the working residents of Dubai. Uncover the hidden gems of the city as you stroll along the historic 2nd December Street. Learn more about the culture and heritage of the Middle East from your entertaining and informative guide on this relaxed walking tour.
• Stroll through an older neighbourhood and stop for a traditional Arabic fruit cocktail
• Meander further, passing shops and curios stores, learning interesting facts from your guide
• Away from the five-star restaurants, experience this vibrant neighbourhood. Sample dates, samosas and Arabic sweets, and pass by a fresh fish trading shop
• Learn more about local culture by visiting a traditional abaya store and an oud (perfume) shop
• Stop for a meal at a classic street food canteen-style restaurant considered a hidden gem in the city
How much: Dhs280
Departures: Mon & Wed
Availability: Winter only (1 October to 30 April)
Duration: This tour lasts approximately three-and-a-half hours, excluding hotel transfer time.
Activity level: Moderate
Good to know: Hotel transfers are included in the price, along with food. Modest dress is advised and, while it may seem obvious, opt for sports shoes and your feet with thank you for it.
To book: Click here or call Arabian Adventures on +971 4 303 4992 or visit